The key to a long lasting spray on tan is correct skin preparation and after tan maintenance.
· Exfoliate your body before the application whilst showering. Pay attention to rough/dry skin areas like knees, elbows, ankles and the tops of your feet.
· Exfoliation removes dry, dull or aged skin cells which will ensure your skin is receptive to the tanning solution during application, and that your tan will fade evenly afterwards.
· Exfoliate the day before your appointment to allow your skin’s natural oils to restore.
· Do not apply moisturiser, make up, perfume or deodorant, as these will hinder the tanning process.
· Wear suitable attire: I suggest bikinis, knickers or G-String for women and dark shorts or swimmers for men. (Females can also be sprayed nude).
· A professionally applied spray on tan takes 6-8 hours to fully develop, with best results obtained by having the tan in the evening and sleeping under covers overnight.
· Allow your tan to dry completely and do not wet your skin for at least 6 hours after the tanning session. Showering the following morning is the best option.
· The best clothing to wear after you have been tanned is loose fitting clothing with long sleeves & pants. This will ensure that over night (while you are sleeping) your tan does not transfer to the palms of your hands where you may touch your arms/ legs.
· Do not exercise or perspire excessively between the tanning and the showering phase. When showering don't be concerned if some of the initial bronzer washes off - this is part of the tanning process, and your skin will continue to tan.
· After showering, pat your skin dry with your towel rather than rub, as rubbing will gradually remove the tan.
· Apply moisturiser twice daily after showering. This reduces the rate at which your skin exfoliates and will keep your tan looking better for longer.
· Avoid long baths, hot spas and extended swimming sessions. Shorter sessions are preferable.
· Avoid products designed to exfoliate your skin.
· Clothing: It is recommended that you wear dark, loose fitting attire after your appointment. Any minor rub-off will easily wash out of most fabrics.
· Sunscreen: The spray-on tan does not provide any sun protection and it does not contain a sunscreen.
To contact us:
All Over Spay Tan
Mobile: 0417 616 828
Phone/Fax: 08 9203 8101